Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sweet Sedona

I think I just found my new favorite weekend get-away. Sedona is about two hours from Phoenix, and we'd been wanting to explore 'red-rock country' since we landed in AZ two months ago. We drove up with the Bradys and spent the day jumping off cliffs at Grasshopper Point and slipping n sliding through the natural waterslides at Slide Rock. So fun. And Sedona is beautiful... the Phoenix landscape has definitely grown on me (yeah, never thought cactus was very nice to look at before... still working on that one) but that red rock against the mountain greenery was so picturesque. We're ready to go again soon, wanna come?

There go Scott and and my nephew Ben...

Here's my neice Emmy... her hair is rockin in this pic!

Don't ask me why I stick my arms straight out when I jump... probably not smart when you hit the water.

Love this picture... we're all doing our random knee-jerk reaction jumping poses... Scott looks like he's trying to balance on a tight-rope, Taralee flails her legs and does mini-kicks in the air, I throw my arms straight out like I'm trying to fly, and Emmy plugs her nose and just steps straight out.

My nephew Sam sliding through the 'waterslide'... he was trying so hard to stay above water :)

4 comments:

  1. You look like a Barbie flying through the air with your arms outstretched like that :) I don't like how happy you guys looks without us. It has almost been a year. Tears... many tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I didn't see any pictures of swan dives or flips...come on Abba! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting for these pics! 2011 we are def. there! And then waterskiing the next day! Sedona is really beautiful, I love the last pic. of you and the doc. That is a pretty good little drop too, looks sooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But is it as fun as waiting in line at Hot Doug's? I mean, really?

    ReplyDelete